2013년 5월 16일 목요일

Unhyeongung (Palace), Seoul


Unhyeongung is the smallest palace out of 5 palaces in Seoul. 
It used to be much bigger in the old days but only some parts are remained now.
It was the house of prince HeungSeon, who was the father of Gojong the last king of Joseon dynasty. 



It was definitely less popular than other palaces. I saw very few people while I was there. 
So I enjoyed the calmness of the old palace mostly on my own. 


I found this palace very approchable. You can actually see inside each rooms and the decorations are done so simple and beautifully.



I love this picture! Hope you like it too.  The little square thing on the chest is a lantern, which is so cute :-)


This is the storage room.



This is the kitchen.



This shows the Korean traditional heating system.
There is a long hole under the thing that looks like a cooker. They used to set the fire and put it further inside the hole. Then the fire makes the floor of the room gradually warm and cool down lasting over night.



I saw some shoes outside of a room and heard people talking. Then I thought ‘Do people live here?’
Well, not exactly. They run an embroidery course in the palace and they use one of the rooms. Isn’t that cool?
I might think about joining them!



Unhyeongung is also the place where the last Royal wedding took place.  The above costumes are the actual ones that were worn by  last king(Gojong) and queen(Myoungseong)



The queen myoungseong and her lady in waiting.  
I felt a bit sad though as this reminds me of her tragic ending :-(





댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기